Stiebel Eltron Heat Pump Solar Hot Water Systems German-Engineered: Premium Quality
Stiebel Eltron have been producing heat pumps for 30 years, to the highest standards of German engineering. Now, Enviro Friendly is proud to offer the Stiebel Eltron domestic heat pump hot water systems to our customers.
Stiebel Eltron Produces Over 60,000 Heat Pumps A Year
Why Stiebel Eltron Heat Pumps?
- Your new Stiebel Eltron heat pump could cut your hot water bills by as much as 75%
- It’s one of the quietest heat pumps on the market- just 49dB
- Plugs into a standard powerpoint for easy installation
- They are Germany’s market leader in heat pump technology. Tried and tested technology for over 30 years to give you real energy, environmental and money savings. Over 60,000 heat pumps are produced each year in the most modern production factory in Germany.
- In 2004 Stiebel Eltron was the first company, worldwide, to win an award for its enameling process in tank production, for corrosion protection, temperature shock and longevity of the product. The EEA (European Enamel Authority) award promises users security for a product with the highest possible quality.
- The 300Ee heat pump has been assessed to receive 30 Renewable Energy Certificates (REC), which is the highest amount of REC points awarded to this category of heat pump. The higher the REC the more efficient the product is.
- Current draw is only 2.1 amps (nominal) with a maximum draw of less than 3 amps, making it able for installation on a standard 10 amps power point.
- Active defrost protection to keep efficiencies and savings high during low air temperatures (5°C and less).
- Low air temperature performance, 0°C.
- Able to be installed indoors (13m³ of volumetric space required).
- Able to be ducted
- Low thermal losses through CFC-free thermal insulation. This ensures we are able to deliver more hot water.
- Electric boost element available
- All-in-one heat pump, compact in size, only 1875 mm high.
- Attractive modern design and unbeatable Germany quality and craftsmanship.
WWK300AH Elect. Boost
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the water heated?
A Heat Pump works like a refrigerator, only in reverse. Air which contains solar heat energy is extracted by the Heat Pump to heat water. A fan draws air through an evaporator which contains very cold liquid refrigerant. The heat in this air is absorbed by the refrigerant, turning it into a very hot liquid. The hot liquid refrigerant is then compressed to a “super heated” gas via a compressor. The gas is then circulated to a condenser, where the heat from the gas is transferred to the water in the tank. The now cool refrigerant is then reused and the cycle starts all over again. Power is only required to operate the compressor to move the heat around the system, not to heat the water.
Does the unit draw much power?
No, it has the lowest current draw of any Heat Pump on the market, 2.17amps (520watts). It is plugged into a standard powerpoint.
To what temperature will the unit heat the water?
By law all storage hot water heating apparatus must heat water to a minimum 60 degrees Celsius. This unit is more efficient because the water is not overheated.
How much hot water will I get from the unit?
Due to its advanced German design features, you will get approximately 540 litres of shower temperature water* from one tank which is plenty of water for 2-5 people.
*Shower temperature water is 60oC water and cold water mixing to give you approximately 40oC water.
If there is a power failure will I need to do anything to the unit?
No, the unit is fully automatic.
If I go away can I turn the unit off?
Yes you can. Turning off will not affect the unit. Just switch the power back on when you get back.
How long should the unit last?
The unit has a design life of fifteen years. This can vary depending on factors such as extremes in weather, water quality and how often you replace the sacrificial anode.
What type of anode does the have?
A high quality Magnesium sacrificial anode
Will the anode need replacing?
Yes, we recommend replacing it every 3 – 5 years for continued protection, depending upon the water quality in your area.
Does the unit have frost protection?
Yes, it has “Active Defrost”. If ice forms on the evaporator below 5oC, the hot refrigerant is reversed through the evaporator to defrost it. This enables the unit to heat water efficiently in temperatures down to 0oC.
What is the sound level of the unit?
The unit is rated at 49dB (a whisper is around 30dB and a conversation is around 60dB – 70dB).
What type of condenser does the unit have?
Each unit contains an Aluminium Roll Bond Condenser attached to the tank with a heat paste to increase the efficient transfer of heat to the water.
What is the warranty?
Five years on the tank, two years on the compressor and one year on the electrics.
What is the tank made of?
Each tank is 2mm thick mild steel with an award winning vitreous enamel glass lining.
What type of refrigerant is used?
The refrigerant is R134A which is the most commonly used refrigerant on the market.
How long will the refrigerant last?
Longer than the life of the unit.
Does the unit require any maintenance?
When changing the anode inspect the evaporator for dust or build-up, clean with a vacuum.