Dux Hot Water: A Proud Tradition Since 1915
Dux water heaters have been heating water for Australians since 1915, when the Middleton family decided on the name Dux, meaning best, for its new range of electric water heaters for showers and baths.
By 1940, their company, Dux Heaters Pty Limited, had developed its first instantaneous water heater, a ceramic unit. In 1960 it added copper roof tanks to its range, which then covered bath and shower heaters, instantaneous bath and shower heaters and instantaneous water heaters.
So does a solar hot water system make sense for you?
Get a quick quote here, or scan the info below.
Get a Quick Quote on a Solar Hot Water System:
Fill out the brief form below, and get a quick, no-obligation quote on optimizing your hot water consumption with a high-efficiency heat pump or solar hot water system.
In 1964, Dux introduced its first mains pressure units to meet the needs of the high rise housing which was becoming increasingly popular.
The original Dux mains pressure units were galvanised. These were followed by the Dux Cusilmatic, made from a bronze and copper alloy. These units were replaced by steel tanks with copper lining, and then by ones with a glazed, vitreous enamel finish, some of which still operate today.
While the company has grown substantially since these early days, the words of that original motto still apply. Today as part of the GWA International Limited group of household brand names including Caroma, Sebel, Dorf Clark and Rover, Dux is marketed throughout Australia and overseas.
Dux is committed to producing high quality products and to the on-going development of new products. Since 1989, all its product research and manufacture has been carried out at modern facilities in the New South Wales town of Moss Vale.
Today, Dux are leading the field with breakthrough products such as the Airoheat Subzero heat pump solar hot water system, and Enviro Friendly are proud to offer them to or customers.
Dux Sunpro Solar Hot Water Systems
Dux solar hot water systems have an impressive pedigree. The first Dux hot water systems were produced nearly a century ago, in 1915.
Today, Dux is part of GWA Group Limited along with many other household brand names including Caroma, Dorf, Fowler, Stylus, Clark, Gainsborough, Brivis and Sebel.
Dux is committed to high quality products and to the on-going development of new products.
Since 1989, all design and manufacturing has been carried out at modern facilities in the
New South Wales town of Moss Vale.
The Dux hot water range includes electric storage, gas storage, instantaneous gas, heat pump, plus electric and gas boosted solar models.
The Dux Solar Hot Water Range
Sunpro Split system, electric boost.
This Dux model is ideal when you want the lowest-profile, lowest weight on your roof.
The electric booster keeps the price of the system down, and backs up the system when the sun can’t do all of the job.
Some of the features are…
- High performance black chrome selective surface collectors as standard
- Multi-temperature sensor vitreous enamel tank configuration
- Patented Hotlogic® processor that constantly searches for and switches to the cheapest available energy source
- Mid height element boosting for hot water in times of low solar gain
Sunpro Split system, gas boost.
This Dux model has the same stylish, low profile as the electric split model, but adds the efficiency of gas boosting.
As always, while a gas-boosted solar system costs more to buy and install, it costs less to run for those on town gas.
The larger your family, the larger your use of hot water, the more money you’ll save with the gas-boosted model.
- Gas boosted solar is one of the most environmentally friendly domestic hot water solutions available.
- High performance black chrome selective surface collectors as standard
- Flexible continuous flow mounting options – on a wall or a tank allowing for greater installation flexibility (comes with mounting bracket)
- Reduced footprint for better side access, particularly for smaller blocks
Airoheat Heat Pump Hot Water.
Not everyone can put a solar hot water system on their roof.
Sometimes there’s no north-facing roof area.
Sometimes the roof is shaded by trees or neighbours.
Sometimes you’d just rather not have anything showing on the roof.
If any of these apply to you, then a Dux Airoheat heat pump solar hot water system could be your answer.
Here are a few of the features…
- The Dux Airoheat® is the industry’s most awarded heat pump hot water system
- An easy one piece, compact design makes for a quick and simple installation
- Airoheat now includes an innovative de-icing function so there’s no need for a back-up element
- Management by the innovative Hotlogic® controller allows the Airoheat to keep running in cold climates.
- Is considered a solar system for RECs purposes
Obviously, Dux solar hot water should be on your shopping list!
How do you ensure you get the BEST solar hot water deal?
Get multiple, obligation-free quotes. It’s easy…
Dux SunPro Electric Boost Solar Hot Water System Brochure
Dux SunPro Electric Boost Solar Hot Water System Owners Manual
Dux SunPro Gas Boosted Solar Hot Water System Brochure
Dux SunPro Gas Boosted Solar Hot Water System Owners Manual
Dux Aeroheat Heat Pump Solar Hot Water System
Dux Solar Institute
Dux Solar Installs Solar Hot Water On Ian Kiernan’s Farm
The New Dux Airoheat™SubZero Heat Pump
Solar Hot Water System
The Dux heat pump solar hot water system hasn’t been added to our range by accident!
We’ve been selling heat pumps for years, hundreds of them. Heat pump solar hot water systems have been on the Australian market for over 20 years. One of us owns one. With rapid improvements in their technolgy, we’re now proud to offer our customers the new Dux Airoheat Subzero.
Your decision to purchase a Dux Airoheat Heat Pump Solar Hot Water system from Enviro Friendly will reward you for many years to come.
Since 1915, the Dux hot water range has seen continuous research and development, resulting in many breakthroughs in the efficiency, reliability and longevity of hot water systems.
Dux heat pump solar water heaters are manufactured in Australia in a state-of-the-art
facility, using a Quality Endorsed Company production system. This is your assurance that you have purchased the highest quality water heater available, one that will provide continuous hot water for all your needs – safely, economically, and for many years to come. Dux heat pump technology will ensure that your electricity bills are slashed, along with your carbon footprint. Best of all, the Dux qualifies for Federal and State Government rebates. You may be surprised how little they could cost you, and how much they can save you!
Watch the Video… (may take a while to load)
Features And Benefits Of installing A Dux Airoheat:
- Nothing on the roof. The heat pump replaces the usual panels. Forget problems of roof alignment, pitch, shading etc.
- Easy to install. The connections are the same as an ordinary electric hot water system- much cheaper to instal than on-the-roof solar systems.
- Easy change-over from an electric storage water heater.
- Slash your energy bills. Significantly lower electrical consumption from the most efficient system in its class.
- Quiet. The quietest heat pump solar hot water system on the market.
- Sub-zero Performance. Airoheat® Subzero now includes an innovative de-icing function so there’s no need for an expensive back-up element.
- Single, compact Unit. No panels on roof, no separate unit.
- Rebate Approved. Qualifies for RECs, and some State Solar Rebates.
- Full mains pressure delivery.